Skip to content
Where am I?
dianer01 posted:
Hi everyone,

I have not abandon you, but life has just hit full speed after a year of rough roads.

This time last summer I lost my job, it was a struggle but we saw it coming and were pretty well prepared. What I wasn't prepared for was the fact I am uninsurable due to my history of back issues and diabetes and I could not afford COBRA for us. Fortunately no major problems... I found a new job in November and in December was offered a much better job by another company. I took the new job and did not start until the end of January finally becoming fully insured March 1 of this year. Yea!!!

So I am working full time and some Saturdays, the work is good, pay is good and benefits are good. In fact it pays better than the previous employer. Oh, and things were not going good enough, I have enrolled in school again and am now in grad school. Classes start tomorrow.

I don't want to leave anyone hanging, I have taken 10x more from this board than I have been able to give but will participate when I can.

I wish everyone low pain days, sympathetic support systems and good meds.

di

davedsel57 responded:
Hi, Di.

Yes, life happens. Sounds like a lot of good things are going on in your life and that is great.

Good luck with grad school. I commend you for getting more education and an advanced degree. That will undoubtedly help your career as well.

Take care and I hope you still can occasionally check in with us here in the Back Pain community and in the Diabetes community.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

mellycooper responded:
Di, what is COBRA? I've never heard of that.
Trying to figure things out!

davedsel57 replied to mellycooper's response:
COBRA: http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/health-plans/cobra.htm
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
hi DI - just wanted to say HI and that I've been thinking bout ya -

just hope you don't have too much on your plate but am glad that you are hanging in there and everything is going good.

you have always giving us your 110% on responses to new members etc, and even though you may think it's small, it's actually big - nothing is too small to contribute!!

take care - Joy

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
221 of 338 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center