Skip to content
Low Back Pain
gt2crop posted:
I am just out of massage school since end of Feb 2012. I have had low back pain on and off. I did not injure my back and am assuming it is mostly due to my weight. I wanted to start walking etc to help with my weight but the last month or so I have had the most searing excruciating pain. I have suffered from this pain since 07 on and off but it has never lasted this long. I am without insurance and broke. The only medical help I get or don't get is from county. They always misdiagnose me and really don't wish to investigate what problems I have healthwise. They gave me muscle relaxants. I have stretched , jacuzzi, pool, anti-inflammatories, pain killer and even a tens unit and chiropractic adjustments. One chiropractor told me I appear to have arthritis in my sacroiliac joint and he pinpointed it in my sacroiliac joint. I tried entering a low back study but it was for a medication I have already taken with no relief so they denied me into the study. Does anyone have suggestions for me. And I have had deep tissue massages to try and alleviate the issue. I did get chiropractic adjustments without the slightest bit of relief. I am in fire need of some help or suggestion. Thank you very much, Lanay CMT.

darlyn05 replied to gt2crop's response:
Are there any teaching schools near you that may have some type of free programs to enable their students while supervised to have community residents come in for a type of treatment(like chiropractic) or spine internship?

Anon_973 replied to sbrewer770's response:
Please review the guidelines for WEBMD - posting of items for sale such as what you are referring to is against their guidelines.

bj1208 replied to darlyn05's response:
darlyn05 is correct -

big universities usually are teaching schools also and they do have departments for reduced and/or free services to those that cannot afford to pay.

My brother has bad spine problems and has no money - he goes to a teaching university and gets his testings/treatments free. He takes his prescriptions to an individually owned pharmacy (not a chain pharmacy) and gets his RX's for a lot less than the chain RX's.

I too do not have prescription insurance and take mine to a pharmacy that is interdependently owned - if I were to take it to a chain RX they would cost $800 and thru this pharmacy they are only $290 - that's a big savings.

Please see if there is a teaching hospital - hopefully you can get the care you need.

please keep us posted - Joy

gt2crop replied to bj1208's response:
I didn't even think of the universities. I know the county I go through is UCLA so UCLA is out. I will check on the others in the area. As for that cost of prescriptions of $290 is way out of my range. Hopefully something will come up. My roommate ordered me one of those sacroiliac joint belts and I started taking glucosamine and chondroitin so hopefully I will notice at least a bit of a difference. i do have another chiropractic appointment later today and maybe that will help as it's the second visit. I just wish the searing stabbing pain would disappear. It's 24/7 at this point.

Helpful Tips

Spinal fusion
I had lumbar fusion at L 4-5, L5-S1 19 years ago with limited success. I have been disabled because of pain, but I still consider the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center