Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Greetings
dianer01 posted:
hi,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am working too many hours, studying 10-15 hours a week and trying to keep up with my family, garden and other activities. UGH!!! There are times something has to give. I have been getting up at 5:30 in the morning so I can walk, then get home and study for about 45 minutes or an hour before getting ready for work.

I was not fully awake and smashed my foot into the chair I was getting ready to sit in to put on my shoes and socks this morning. Phooey! I think I broke my little toe. 10 hours later the bruising is spectacular. It is barking at me a little but there is a lot to be said for nerve damage and reduced feeling.

have fun and stay cool!

di

bj1208 responded:
Hi Di -

I hope your toe is doing better - when you can find the time (LOL) try soaking it - even if it's broke don't think there's much they can do - you can get some work out tape (boxer's use it) and try and tape it to help reduce swelling especially when wearing shoes. My hubby and I were in Martial Arts and were always breaking our toes - I had to tape mine just so I could wear my dress shoes! LOL try not to work/study so much, I know it's hard, but take care of urself!!

well, trying to stay cool - even with a swimming pool it's still hot - earlier this week my cuz and I were out in the pool and couldn't understand why it was so dang hot out then we thought bout the solar storm and wondered if that had to do with it - I mean we were out laying on rafts and just burning even with sunscreen on!!! so haven't been out in couple days trying to replenish body fluids with water and poweraid.

other than that, been watering my flower garden and it's amazing how well it's doing considering the high heat warnings.

back is doing as back is doing - hurtin all the time. heat and humidity just loves pain!

take care - Joy

Helpful Tips

Great Site
This is a great site, for back pain help. I have just recenlty been fighting with lower back pain for 6mos now and am starting the journey ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center