Skip to content
How long do epidural steroid injections last?
zconley posted:
I realize that this will differ from person to person, but I'm interested in averages. I had my 1st set of lumbar and cervical injections starting in February. By April, they were complete. I actually had 3 sets of 4 different shots (lumbar epidural, left facet, right facet, cervical epidural). About 72 hrs ago its like someone flipped a switch, and the pain is back as bad as I remember it from before the shots.
How long did they work for you?

bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

not sure if you will get the 'averages' that you're looking for but it's worth a shot! LOL

I've had shots in my back from 12/06 to 2010 and they have never worked on me. Actually just found out in 2010 that I have an allergic reaction to them - I turn bright red and my skin burns to touch. I've never had any pain relief from them. So since then I've been getting pain shots - they have a numbing agent and pain med in them and those will last about 3-4 days.

hope this helps a little - take care - Joy

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center