Skip to content
Recliners
georgia888 posted:
Hello All,
I know how difficult getting (& staying) comfortable can be for those of us with back pain. I'm in the market for a new recliner & thought I'd start a conversation in hopes of getting some good suggestions.

Thank you,
georgia

davedsel57 responded:
Hi, Georgia.

As with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

We have a La-Z-Boy sectional sofa in our living room. Each end reclines. Best piece of furniture we have every owned. Yes, it was expensive but worth every penny.

When shopping for recliners it is important to go to the stores and sit in several to see what feels good for you.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
hi Georgia -

as Dave said it's best to go and sit and see which one will benefit you the most.

we have a recliner (by itself) but it's pretty old and getting worn out - it used to help quite a bit but now I can't sit in it for very long periods as it will start to make my back hurt.

hope this helps - let us know what you find - take care - Joy

georgia888 replied to davedsel57's response:
Thank you, Dave. I'm ready to spend whatever it takes to be comfortable. I'm glad you found that with your La-Z-Boys & hope to be as fortunate.

georgia

georgia888 replied to bj1208's response:
Thank you, Joy. It seems that even when comfort is eventually achieved, the aches & pains soon remind us that it's time to get up & move around, which is what we should do.

I look forward to shopping around......

georgia

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center