Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SI Joint Pain - Help!
nobody102 posted:
5-6 months ago, started having pain in lower back/down leg/hip/groin after I would do any cardio equipment at the gym (bike, treadmill, elliptical, anything). I would then lay off the exercise for a week, and go again, and same problem. Pain was when sitting or standing, but I sit a lot, which I know is bad. Went to an Orthopedist. I initially thought it was hip pain, so they sent me for PT for that. After a month, no improvement. Suspected problem was instead in my lower back. Had an MRI of my pelvis and lower back. Showed some mild degeneration in my L4/5 disc, and some minor spurring on l5/s1. Three weeks ago, has a cortisone injection into L4/5 area. No relief whatsoever. Also, was on celebrex for a month, and no help from that either. So, I went to a Chiropractor yesterday. After his exam, he is convinced my pain is due to left Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction. After reading up on that, it makes much more sense that it may be the problem due to my symptoms — pain down leg and groin, and more to the side below the belt. The only relief I get is when I lay down to go to bed. , I had my first manipulation yesterday (drop table, and manually), and today my pain is MUCH worse. Is that normal to experience the 1st time, or did he do something wrong??? Go back on Monday. An other suggestions are appreciated. It has been very frustrating to not be able to exercise! Has anyone gotten releif for SI pain, and how?

davedsel57 responded:
Hello and welcome.

I get a full chiropractic adjustment about once per month. Many times the pain is worse the day after the adjustment and then it subsides. You can try taking OTC meds, applying ice or heat to see if anything relieves the pain. If your pain is not better on Monday, let the chiropractor know before your adjustment. If your pain is not better soon then adjustments may not work for you.

I understand the frustration of getting back pain diagnosed and treated. I pray you find relief soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center