Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    lumbar radiculopathy pain
    betsey2u posted:
    I was diagnosed with lumbar radiculopathy and given some muscle relaxers and 4-6 weeks of physical therapy. I have had muscle spasms , pins and needle (I call it buzzing) in my lower back and legs and sometimes if I overdo things it will actually go to my hands. I am fine as long as I dont sit too long or walk too much, or have much of a life HA. Sorry that is about all the humor I can muster. I have not had any tests done accept a few xrays of my spine that the dr. told me that my spine looked fine. evenly spaced etc. Pinched nerve. The radiculopathy started after I had taken a fall and sprained my foot serverly. [br>I am going on my 3rd week of physical therapy and I am getting super depressed about everything. I am having a hard time dealing with the thought of living like this. The first day of therapy they stretched me which totally killed me I left there in worse pain,.which the buzzing actually spread over more area. Next day they made me do exercises and hooked me up to the tens machine which I thought was the miracle cure all! after 3 sessions of the tens machine I felt pretty pain free. Then I ran a short distance(really short distance) and the pain came back. and now seems the tens machine does nothing for me. The muscle relaxers dont do anything either. I am wondering if I should call my orthapedic and ask him for something else,..or am I just suppose to deal with this and not do much. I have to wonder if I am wasting my time and money even going to therapy. At this rate I dont know how I am going to be shoveling snow and dealing with the up coming holidays,.thoughts of this stress me out. Ive been feeling like a bad Mom lately not doing all the things I should be doing for and with my kids. [br>If anyone out there has delt with radiculopathy Id love to hear from you. Maybe you can share with me what you have been through any advice or what I can expect.
    betsey2u responded:
    it says my discussion has 4 replies but I cannot see them,.hmmm
    davedsel57 replied to betsey2u's response:

    Several replies to your discussion were deleted because they contained links to advertising which is against the rules in all WebMD communities.

    Are you seeing an orthopedic who specialized in spinal disorders? It is important to see an orthopedic spine specialist or neurosurgeon spine specialist for an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment plan.

    If your current medications are not helping, then it would be wise to let the doctor know. You may also benefit by seeing a pain management specialist that is a physiatrist. They specialize in various pain management methods.

    I pray you can get the answers and relief you need soon.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.



    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center