Skip to content
Healing process has begun
Debsbears posted:
My surgery on my neck was the 13th. I went on Tuesday to get the staples out. (That was painful - 37 staples in all).

They removed all the hardware (11 screws, 2 rods) plus they removed T2 laminectomy and shaved down T3 spinous process so they could no longer erode through the incision.

Almost all the original pain is gone. The only pain I am dealing with is from the new surgery of re-cutting open 10" of the neck to remove every thing. I have to wait a month before going back to rehab. for my deep muscle massage.

I am only taking the Narco once a day and for the muscle spasms I am now taking Cyclobenzaprine 3 times a day - I have to cut the 5mg in half because it is way too strong for me - I go to sleep within 20 mins on the 5mg.

Anyway just thought I'd share the good news. Deb

bj1208 responded:
Hi Deb - that is really great news and i am really happy for you - just remember to do as the doc says and don't overdo it - take it easy -

keeps us posted - hope and pray healing process continues as great as it is!!

take care - Joy

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center