Skip to content
RadioFrequency Ablation for Lower Back Pain
livingbetter posted:
Just had RFA- RadioFrequency Ablation procedure done today. Dr. said it could take up to 6 weeks to feel relief. Follow up is then. I'm praying this works since epideral shots don't. Hoping to stop taking antiflammitories. Had a little discomfort and a little numbness on right side during procedure because of the numbness shot given for the nerve. Had to wait a little while before leaving. I'm hopeful because the Dr. seemed hopeful. Have had pain for more than three years and have done it all for helping it. Did my homework before having it done so hoping to live better.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

This all sounds good. I hope this procedure does help.

My wife is having this done in two sessions on October 22 and November 12. She had a lower back injury at work last year.

Please keep us updated on your progress.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

georgia888 replied to davedsel57's response:
Hello Dave,
I'm going to make the same request to you as you did to livingbetter & that is, please let us know how your wife makes out with her RFA treatment.

I continue to give it serious thought but have reservations due to fears. The amount of radiation with the fluoroscopy (is that the correct machine used?) is one of those fears. I realize each of us may react differently to treatments & I try to keep an open mind while contemplating this treatment for my lower back pains.

Best wishes to your wife for a successful outcome. We look forward to hearing all about it.

Thank you,
georgia

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
221 of 338 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center