Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Back pain from previously broken clavicle
haaraloth posted:
I have very bad back, shoulder and neck pain that began after breaking my clavicle 4 years ago.

I'm 27 yrs old. Male.

The break was mid left side and healed with an overlap. I was told at the time that it was not something to worry about but it appears now to be a big problem.

Is it possible to re-break the bone and set correctly after all this time?

I am also concerned because of the high doses of ibuprofen I have taken during this time. I'd like to find a long-lasting solution.

If anyone has remotely similar experience, particularly with re-breaking of long term set bones.
bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

I don't recall any members having this type of problem but what you should do is get a couple of opinions from both Orthopedic Spine Specialist and Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - they would be the ones to fully examine, diagnose and offer treatment plans. The surgeons should be able to answer your question regarding the clavicle and if this is affecting your back pains or something else is causing it.

please keep us posted what you find out - take care - Joy
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~
haaraloth replied to bj1208's response:
Thanks for the reply Joy.

I am currently living in Cambodia so specialists of any kind are out of the question. Bangkok is about an hour away - may get up there by years end.

Thanks for the input.
bj1208 replied to haaraloth's response:
take care and let us know how u are doing - hopefully you can get to Bangkok sooner -

Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~
undefined responded:
If it helps, I broke my collar bone back in '09. I had surgery to accelerate the healing process as I was in my senior soccer season. My metal plate bent, so I had a new plate on, and then I had a third surgery to take the metal plate out. I am in constant back/neck/shoulder pain as well and I have found the only solution is going to the chiropractor and immediately after going to a massage therapist. The chiropractor will only help me feel a little better for a day or two, but the massage will last a good 2-3 weeks. I am prescribed muscle relaxers (Flexoril) but rarely take it because it makes me really drowsy. I don't know if the surgery will ever take away the pain, maybe save your money and continue investing in massages?

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 50 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center