Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Right lower back and hip pain
    Baksoc posted:
    Hello. I've been experiancing pain in my right lower back more towards my hip than the spine. The pain ranges from dull and achy burning (when I'm sitting or laying down) or sharp and stabbing (when I move and it gets aggrivated, like trying to push my hips forward).

    I don't particually want to go to a chiropractor because my parents have gone for years to get readjusted time and time again. I have been trying streches for the syatica nerve because they seem to stretch that whole area but I haven't seen any improvement yet.

    I also started back on anti-inflammitories in case that is the issue as i just re-torm my hamstring 3 weeks ago and wonder if that could have been what aggrivated the area.

    Does anyone have pain similar to this or have been diagnosed with this? I would love to know what it was so i can look up specific exercises to see if I can strengthen the area so this doesn't happen again.
    davedsel57 responded:
    Hello and welcome.

    The only way to know what is causing your symptoms is to see your doctor. You may then need to have a spinal CT scan or MRI and see a spine specialist.

    If you do anything or have any type of treatment without an accurate diagnosis you can cause more damage and increase your pain.

    Please start with your primary doctor and keep us updated.

    I hope you can get answers and relief soon.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


    Anon_960 responded:
    I think I understood you to ask whether your going back on anti-inflammotories because of your sciatica pain, or for the pain of your hamstring injury?

    I believe you should see your family doctor soon as discussed earlier, however the anti-inflammatories would probably not help the hamstring pain. It would rather help the sciatic pain.
    jah428 responded:
    Hi there, yes i am suffering with your symptoms as I write. I am told I have siatica and injurys in my pelvic region from a severe fall. My regular dr. does not do pain meds. You must go to a ppain clinic here in TN. Pain clinics here do very little hands on just give you RX once a month after you have a urine test.
    I am going to go to a pain specialist soon but am in a sort of culture shock as up noth in PA my regular Dr handled everything. I wish you luck and I can empathise with you, my life has changed drasticly since the fall.Good Luck!!

    Helpful Tips

    Ice works wonders More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center