Skip to content
second ESI and still pain
magnoliablossom posted:
Hopefully this post will bring a new idea to my tired weary mind and my never ending aching back and hips. Just completed my second set of ESI therapy( first was seven weeks ago) and the Dr asked has my pprimary set an appointnent to see a surgeon.(?) Does he know something I dont?My MRI was read at another facility different from the Dr who provided ESI and he says thet they understated my injury. So have we been going the wrong route for treatment?They missed one bulging disc and understated the bulge on others (5 including SI and one herniated) I hurt my lower back 5 and a half months ago. Went thru all the therapy, muscle relaxers, TENS treatments, spinal manipulation, pain meds and now two sets of injections.
Sometimes I think my primary is milking the system. I have seen state insurance Dr's who have stated not to lift more than ten lbs, yet my primary had me perform an FCE(?), Lift as much as you can even though you tell him its killing me.I could not complete the rest .Walked out of his office in tears, hunched over. I was down for more than a week
I'm tired and very confused about the whole thing. Just lookin for a kind word I suppose.
bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

MRI's, CT Scans etc should always be read by either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist as they are the only ones that can accurately read the film reports.

I'm assuming your doc who gave the ESI is a pain doctor and is suggesting that you see a spine specialist so that your film reports can be accurately read so that you can have an appropriate diagnosis and treatment options.

as for your primary care doctor - if you are not happy with him then I would say it's time to look for another one. remember, we employ the doctors so there is no reason to be treated poorly or not being heard.

seeing a good pain management doctor is essential too. I see a PHYSIATRIST Pain Doctor - they go deeper into pain control using numerous treatment options that best fits the patients needs.

It's your body and you can decide what treatments you think will benefit you more. and doing research on the internet is one of the best guidelines to help you understand what is going on with your back. if you can let us know what they have diagnosed you with etc., what you have gone thru then we can help you more.
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Snake Venom for Pain
By Jon Bardin October 3, 2012, 12:52 p.m. Nobody wants to be bitten by a black mamba. One of the most dangerous snakes in the world, its ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center