Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain meds
backbreaking posted:
I was researching pain meds. last night and came across an interesting article. Has anyone here ever heard of or tried Cobroxin? It stated it was venom from a Cobra snake that has been diluted. You can get it in a spray to use under your tongue or as a gel to rub where your pain is. Apparently you can buy it OTC. I don't like taking codeine because it makes me feel like I'm in a cloud when I'm on it. Just wondered about the Cobroxin. any thoughts?

davedsel57 responded:
I just searched the net for a few minutes as I had never heard of this supplement. I could not find any independent reviews or analysis, just those done by the suppliers and manufacturer of Cobroxin. I even looked in the WebMD Drugs & Supplements area and there is no information at all there.

Like anything else, if is seems safe you may want to ask your doctor about it and then try it. And like anything else, you may or may not get good results. Personally, I don't think I would try snake venom for my pain. Isn't that like snake oil?
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

backbreaking replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave, probably something from back in the late '80's or early '90's from the Medicine Man. I'm going to do some more searching today.

georgia888 responded:
Hello backbreaking,
I had to chuckle reading your post as it reminded me of a comment JFK made during his presidency. Although he appeared to look healthy, he had his share of medical problems, some of which left him in chronic pain. In response to his pain, he once commented that he would drink "horse piss" if it were to help him.

Obviously those of us dealing with chronic pain can become desperate for relief. Please be sure to thoroughly research any new med, etc. that you may be considering. Often the side effects just aren't worth it.

Best wishes for some relief......

georgia

backbreaking replied to georgia888's response:
Hello Georgia, I'm from Georgia. My sister and I have both said we would eat "Dog Crap" if it would get rid of our pain. I always said I didn't know how people became addicted to alcohol or pain medicine but after having this terrible sciatica I can understand why. My Mother was an alcoholic and now that I've been in so much pain I can understand "why' much better.

Brenda

Helpful Tips

I have resolved my tailbone / coccyx pain (coccydynia)
About two years ago I started experiencing pain in my tailbone while sitting. If I sat for more than a couple minutes, the pain would start ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center