Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Lower back apin from work related accident
    rightone posted:
    Hello everyone I was injured at work on 12/'06/2011 and have been suffering from lower back pain and numbness to my right leg at times.This is painfull and the Mri shows degenerative disc however I have been fired, denied treatment,lost my insurance,now suffer from pain daily without relief, the injury has caused mental depression and thoughts of worthlessness.I have an lawyer and the company is dening responsibility.. I want relief, I want treatment,I dont know what to do the Doctors dont take this seriously and what should I do?Thank you for any help!!
    davedsel57 responded:
    Hello. I am sorry to read of your injury and pain.

    Your attorney needs to file suit against the company asap. If your current lawyer will not, then find one that will sue the company.

    This is against worker's compensation laws in all states. It may take a while, but I believe you will win. The lawyer will take a percentage of the settlement as their fees. They can sue for a lump sum amount plus continued care for the injury indefinitely.

    My wife is in a similar situation having has a back injury at work last year. For the first 12 months everything was fine but her company is now doing some strange things and treatments are not getting approved. She switched lawyers and is seeing better results.

    In the meantime, try and find a free or low-cost clinic in your area to get some help. If the pain becomes very bad, you could go to a local hospital emergency room. They can not deny you treatment and you can work out a payment plan. Look into public assistance in your state such as food stamps, medicaid, etc.

    I pray you can get relief and all this worked soon.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


    rightone replied to davedsel57's response:
    Thank you very much for your advise..I have an attorney and hopefully we go to trial in January this really is amazing how these places of business can get away with this!!!! I hope and pray all goes well for you and your wife... If anyone knows a good attorney in Illinois please let me know!!!
    rightone responded:
    Hello yes its me again and yet still I have no treatment however I did have an IME from the insurance company for my ex employer he saw me six months ago and basiclly denined that the pain I feel everyday doesnt exsist!!!! This really is a scam please pray for me and get back to me if you have any ideas??? Thank you!!!!!
    davedsel57 replied to rightone's response:
    Hello again.

    In your last post you said your trial is in January. What date?

    Have you seen some type of spine specialist and/or pain management specialist that has provided your attorney with documentation stating your are currently 100% disabled and can not work? That is how my wife won her hearing last week. You must have the proof from a doctor to win your case.

    I will be praying for the outcome of the trial to be in your favor. Please keep us updated.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.



    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center