spinal operation
rbhutchison01 posted:
on 10/26/2012 I had a spinal operation a continued fusing from L4 L5 to Si when they woke me up it felt like someone was hitting my head with a hammer unreal pain I never felt anything like that before and I had a ringing in my head they told me that I had spinal fluid that leaked out my nurse told me I was on a 24 hour no move order per my doctor, come to find out he had to stitch the dura sack so i had to stay laying down and i was running a fever and had the chills he said it would go away,,, as of 10/29/2012 I still have the headaches ringing and fever is off and on.. So I'm looking for advice on what to do and is this normal? for a doctor to cut the dura sac and will these headaches and ringing ever go away please help me if you know anything..

bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

I think I would go to the ER and have this checked out just to make sure there is no more leakage and to maybe be put on a antibiotic or maybe stronger one.

please let us know what you find out -
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

rbhutchison01 replied to bj1208's response:
Thank you for your help they told me they put 3 Iv bags of antibiotics while i was in for 2 days and that was all I needed the Doctor seemed to not care to much just a number I guess..

bj1208 replied to rbhutchison01's response:
hi again -

I really think I would go to ER - you need to make sure you are no longer leaking and any infections are gone - be sure to tell the ER doc everything they did -

let us know~~
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~