Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
spinal operation
rbhutchison01 posted:
on 10/26/2012 I had a spinal operation a continued fusing from L4 L5 to Si when they woke me up it felt like someone was hitting my head with a hammer unreal pain I never felt anything like that before and I had a ringing in my head they told me that I had spinal fluid that leaked out my nurse told me I was on a 24 hour no move order per my doctor, come to find out he had to stitch the dura sack so i had to stay laying down and i was running a fever and had the chills he said it would go away,,, as of 10/29/2012 I still have the headaches ringing and fever is off and on.. So I'm looking for advice on what to do and is this normal? for a doctor to cut the dura sac and will these headaches and ringing ever go away please help me if you know anything..

bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

I think I would go to the ER and have this checked out just to make sure there is no more leakage and to maybe be put on a antibiotic or maybe stronger one.

please let us know what you find out -
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

rbhutchison01 replied to bj1208's response:
Thank you for your help they told me they put 3 Iv bags of antibiotics while i was in for 2 days and that was all I needed the Doctor seemed to not care to much just a number I guess..

bj1208 replied to rbhutchison01's response:
hi again -

I really think I would go to ER - you need to make sure you are no longer leaking and any infections are gone - be sure to tell the ER doc everything they did -

let us know~~
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
217 of 334 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center