Skip to content
Picture and story
backbreaking posted:
I've tried to upload a picture and tell my story on Webmd and it won't let me. I click on my name and browse the pic's. and click upload but it won't upload it. Any suggestions? Also, I went to an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon yesterday to see if anything could be done for my back and leg pain. I already have rod implants from 5T to 3L. done 26 yrs ago for severe adult Scoliosis He said he couldn't give me any guarantees but he thought he could help get rid of some of the pain by tying onto the rods that are there now and going down to the pelvic area with more rods and screws. He said it would be a 4 to 6 hr. surgery and about 4 days in the hospital. I can tell you now I don't know what to do. I hate making decisions. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on what they would do?

Bless,

Brenda

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, Brenda.

I will try posting this again.

The picture will take a while to show. A moderator must approve the picture before it becomes a part of you profile.

There is a place in your profile where you can "Tell Your Story". Click on that button and enter your story in the box and save it.

As far as the surgery, I'm sure others who have had surgery have replied to your other posts and shared their experiences. The bottom line is to do your research. Get at least 2 or 3 opinions from other spinal orthopedic surgeons and spinal neurosurgeons. Spinal surgery of any type is usually about 60% successful for relieving pain and 80% successful for improving functionality and spinal stability. Knowledge is your best too that will help you make this decision.

Please keep asking questions and/or venting here. We fully understand.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

backbreaking replied to davedsel57's response:
Thanks Dave for your response. I read your story and feel your pain. I asked my PC Dr. about muscle relaxers and he said he didn't think it would help my pain. I don't like to take any narcotics because all they do is make me feel like I'm out of my body...don't like that feeling.

I'll try to do my picture and story again.

Helpful Tips

Spinal fusion
I had lumbar fusion at L 4-5, L5-S1 19 years ago with limited success. I have been disabled because of pain, but I still consider the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center