Skip to content
what good for your back/titanium screws or neurostimulation
An_248865 posted:
I wandering if anyone's has used the neurostimulation on their back? I need some feedback, my doctor do me to think about it, since the pain pills is not doing me no good anymore. i had surgery in June of 2010, and has 12 (twelve) titanium screws and another thing how do anyone's feel about screws in their back, do you have much troubles with them?

Take the Poll

I
  • back pain, from one doctor, to another
  • Titanium screws/neurostimulation on your back
  • someones's tell me what is best for your back?
vote
View Poll Results

bj1208 responded:
Hi An_248865 -

in regards to your poll - there really is no way to answer this with either a yes or no as to if the spinal cord stimulator implants work or not. everyone is different and will get different results.

I had Anterior Lumbar Fusion L5-S1 done 2/08. I have a plate, 4 screws and a cage - all Titanium. I don't have any problems, per say but I do have chronic pains at the plate site - the plate, screws and cage are all healed and solid.

I did do the "TRIAL" for the stimulator in 11/08. It helped the pains in my legs but it made the pains in my back worse so I was not a candidate for the stimulator.

Everyone is required to go throu the "trial" which can be anywhere from 3-7 days so that they can make sure the leads are in the right area and that it is reducing pains.

Doing research on the internet is a good idea - just GOOGLE: Spinal Cord Stimulator Implants and you will get a good return of articles etc to read.

hope this helps -
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

trs1960 replied to bj1208's response:
I can answer the stimulator question, but as far as screws, yes my first set botherd me and eventually I had them removed, but they kept my spinal cord in tact and out of a wheel chair.
It's like anything elese, you need to look at the pros and cons and look at the value of risks vs. reward.

Tim

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
221 of 338 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center