Sciatica Pain
backbreaking posted:
Oh man this pain is terrible. No relief except to knock myself out with klonopin. Hope all of you are having a better day today.

davedsel57 responded:
Sorry you are having a bad day. Have you tried laying on ice on the floor? I've heard some people get relief that way.

I hope tomorrow is better for you.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

backbreaking replied to davedsel57's response:
Thanks Dave. I'm afraid I couldn't get up off the floor once I got down and yes I have tried ice and heat.

bj1208 replied to backbreaking's response:
Hi backbreaking -

sorry you are having these issues -

I take Gabapentin for my nerve damage in my legs - it really helps with the pains/numbness/pins/needles etc., and I can tell a big difference especially if I miss a dose.

Lyrica is also good for sciatic pains too.

both meds need to be started on a very low dose and slowly increased until a therapeutic dose is achieved. i.e., I started out taking 300mg a day for a good week or two then it increased to 300mg twice a day etc., now I am taking 3600mg a day. this doesn't mean you will need to take the dosage I take as some can achieve therapeutic dose at lower mg's.

Please discuss this with your doc and see what he/she says - let us know how u are doing~~
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

bj1208 replied to backbreaking's response:
sorry for some reason rec'd error message -

Hi backbreaking -

sorry you are having these issues -

I take Gabapentin for my nerve damage in my legs - it really helps with the pains/numbness/pins/needles etc., and I can tell a big difference especially if I miss a dose.

Lyrica is also good for sciatic pains too.

both meds need to be started on a very low dose and slowly increased until a therapeutic dose is achieved. i.e., I started out taking 300mg a day for a good week or two then it increased to 300mg twice a day etc., now I am taking 3600mg a day. this doesn't mean you will need to take the dosage I take as some can achieve therapeutic dose at lower mg's.

Please discuss this with your doc and see what he/she says - let us know how u are doing~~
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

backbreaking replied to bj1208's response:
Thank you Joy for the info. I'll try it and see how it works for me.

Brenda

Lauralizzie01 replied to backbreaking's response:
laying on the floor is the greatest! my coworkers at the school where i parapro all laugh at me cuz im "broken" but lay on the floor all the time with the kids... its the ONLY WAY im not in pain!