Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sciatica Pain
backbreaking posted:
Oh man this pain is terrible. No relief except to knock myself out with klonopin. Hope all of you are having a better day today.

davedsel57 responded:
Sorry you are having a bad day. Have you tried laying on ice on the floor? I've heard some people get relief that way.

I hope tomorrow is better for you.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

backbreaking replied to davedsel57's response:
Thanks Dave. I'm afraid I couldn't get up off the floor once I got down and yes I have tried ice and heat.

bj1208 replied to backbreaking's response:
Hi backbreaking -

sorry you are having these issues -

I take Gabapentin for my nerve damage in my legs - it really helps with the pains/numbness/pins/needles etc., and I can tell a big difference especially if I miss a dose.

Lyrica is also good for sciatic pains too.

both meds need to be started on a very low dose and slowly increased until a therapeutic dose is achieved. i.e., I started out taking 300mg a day for a good week or two then it increased to 300mg twice a day etc., now I am taking 3600mg a day. this doesn't mean you will need to take the dosage I take as some can achieve therapeutic dose at lower mg's.

Please discuss this with your doc and see what he/she says - let us know how u are doing~~
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

bj1208 replied to backbreaking's response:
sorry for some reason rec'd error message -

Hi backbreaking -

sorry you are having these issues -

I take Gabapentin for my nerve damage in my legs - it really helps with the pains/numbness/pins/needles etc., and I can tell a big difference especially if I miss a dose.

Lyrica is also good for sciatic pains too.

both meds need to be started on a very low dose and slowly increased until a therapeutic dose is achieved. i.e., I started out taking 300mg a day for a good week or two then it increased to 300mg twice a day etc., now I am taking 3600mg a day. this doesn't mean you will need to take the dosage I take as some can achieve therapeutic dose at lower mg's.

Please discuss this with your doc and see what he/she says - let us know how u are doing~~
Take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

backbreaking replied to bj1208's response:
Thank you Joy for the info. I'll try it and see how it works for me.

Brenda

Lauralizzie01 replied to backbreaking's response:
laying on the floor is the greatest! my coworkers at the school where i parapro all laugh at me cuz im "broken" but lay on the floor all the time with the kids... its the ONLY WAY im not in pain!

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center