Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
12 years, 12 vertabraes
trs1960 posted:
I said I would give it my all to get my kids through school. My oldest duaghter just got accepted to UNR. Her little sister is 25 months younger. Both are honer roll students with 4.0 to 4.5 GPAs

While my wife is done with my I can look in the mirror and be proud. I've done my best for my wife, but I'm not good enough for her so she keeps saying she wants a divorce. She kept pushing my buttons to get me to fight to make me look bad, now I just don't talk. I did tell her that if I cry because my heart is broken you call me a whimp, if I yell at you you call me a jerk, if I talk you call my a lier.

So. If I go on disiability after the new year my family remains insured for two years. If she divorces me I dont no what happens to her, she has diabietes and that scares me. The kids will likely be able to get insurance through college ( Oboma care) and I will try to help my wife even if she does hate me. I promised to death do us part...divorce is irrelivent. I keep my word
I have private dissability that pays 70% of my gross pay, but it's tax free. With little taxeble income the girls woud likel qualify for more scholarships.

I am proud of who I am and what I have done

I've told all three of them I will never turn my back on them and I will back them with every thing I can.

My eldest with the 4.5 wants to major in math and minor in education to become a math teacher. Shes in AP calculus in high school and has been through AP Physics, AP intergers, AP englishm AP psycology and so on. She also has a national championship title on her horse in equestrian performance.

The youngest is on varstity soccer as a sophemore and is trying out for varsity baskitball.

Good kids and I'm proud of them. I could never turn my back on them.

I've been working 50 hours a week and my doc said no more that 20. I think I will take the disability route. That should give me more life with my kids.

I hope my wife can resoncile with me, but I really love my daughters.
If I go on disabillity my taxable incone 0r net income will be almost nothing so they should get better scholarshhips.

My youngest daughter has a bond with me that makes me feel wonderful
My eldest is almost 18 and we have wonderful talks. She and I have a duffrent bond.

I am proud about what I've done. My love for my girls is paramount. They're good girls. my eldest wants to major in math and minor in secondary education.

Anyway, I want to take disabillity so maybe I'll live long enough to bounce a grand kid on my knee and see my girl with a BS or maybe a masters?

So those of us in chronic pain need to teach our kids a code to live by. Remember love is like suger and hate is like viniger

davedsel57 responded:
Tim,

IMHO, your wife would be the loser if she left you. You are a man to be admired. You have integrity, compassion, wisdom and a strong sense of honor. You have an excellent work ethic. You should be proud of what you have accomplished.

You have done all this as you have risen above your circumstances and pressed on. Thank you for sharing with us and being an inspiration to us all.

I will be praying for your situation. Please keep us updated.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
Hey Tim~~~

I completely agree with Dave and he said it all - your wife will be the loser if she does leave. Your daughters are lucky to have such a wonderful, caring and loving father~~

I hope and pray everything works out in your best interest.
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

trs1960 replied to bj1208's response:
Still hanging. It will be interesting to see what Obomacare does for dependants of disabled?

My ekdest duaghter just got excepted to our State university. With a 4.5 GPA scholarships should pay most of her schooling. Her little sis is 25 months behind and holding a 4.0 and lettering in two sports.

Ironically. I think if I were on disability (tax free income with almost no AGI) I think the kids would get more scholarship money. Working the way I am just allows me to dig a deeper hole and on paper looks like a make money so they're inelegible for any kind of low income assistance..even thogh I'm so broke it's not funny.

It is good to be alive though. Maybe someday I'll bounce a grandkid on my knee.

T

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center