Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

tmnondwa posted:

I am a mother having two girls at their teenage. I am into a relationship and was trying to get another baby. Since last year, I have been experiencing back pains especially days close to my periods. My partner would massage me and would get enough relief.

My partner is away, the pain is so severe and visiting doctors. The doctors says i need to have sex and do all the necessary exercise but getting a baby would be a great relief.

My question is, if this man does not turn back again what will happen to my back. Is lack of sex the major problem here? Is it the cause of taking long with conceiving? Kindly advise. Thank you

davedsel57 responded:

I must admit that your post is very hard to understand. English must not be your first language. It appears that your topic is more about sex and having a baby than back pain.

I think you should post this in the WebMD Trying To Conceive Community here:
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Adamski responded:
hi tereza. my wife had terrible back pain during her pregnancy, but when we switched mattresses she had loads of relief. we bought a memory foam mattress, which seemed to help. maybe go to a mattress store or look around to see which works for you? at a store you can try different types out there (theres more than memory foam, theres latex, tempur pedic, etc etc). im sure thats got to be able to help in some way until your husband gets home

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 50 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center