Skip to content
lower back pain
An_248983 posted:
I have been using an aircast for the last two weeks on my left foot (stress fracture in the 5th metatarsal). I have had a hard time finding shoes that are the same height as my boot. Last week my left hip was sore with an occasional pain shooting down the side of my left leg.
This morning the lower left side of my back was hurting. It has been getting worse all day. It feels much better when I lay down. When I try to sit up it is agonizing...I literally can not do it. I have to roll over on my side and push myself up. It is still excruciating, but I can take the pain.
When I bend over to get something out of my backpack or try to sit down it is agonizing.
I had a similar pain during volleyball a few months ago, but it eventually went away. It wasnt as bad as this.
I don't want to go to a doctor unless I absolutely have to. I have a family history of bad backs, but I dont have pain shooting down my leg. I can't take advil or ibuprophen either. Any ideas on what it might be?
It helps to lay down and walk/run.
It has been hurting a little when I wake up for the last week or so, but I've been blaming it on my mattress, until today.

Also I'm in college, so I have to sit through classes from 9-2. I have a decent core built up and am not overweight.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

Unfortunately, the rules in all WebMD communities do not allow any of us to diagnose or give medical advice. There could be any number of conditions causing your symptoms.

You really will need to see a doctor for evaluation and treatment. In the meantime, you can try using the WebMD Symptom Checker here: http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm#./introView
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

MRI Results of Back Help
Just received my MRI and need to wait 2 weeks for my follow up appointment. Can anyone help me read the results and let me know how serious ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center