Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Don't know about surgery
backbreaking posted:
After reading all the posts,replies and talking with several friends who have had back surgery for compressed nerves, I really don't know what to do. I can't go out and shop for myself anymore because of the horrible pain in my back,hip,butt and legs. It's just not worth it. Even those who have had the surgery say they still have pain or have to go back for a second or third surgery.

You would think with all the technology today the Dr's. could help you. I guess it's a case of it's hell if you do and hell if you don't.

Hope you all get a good nights rest and have lots less pain tomorrow.

Blessings,

Brenda

bj1208 responded:
hi Backbreaking -

I know we discussed this before but being on Neurontin has helped me so much - you may also benefit from that or Lyrica - just remember that the dose starts out low and slowly increases.

Also, University Hospitals are teaching hospitals and seem to be able to offer more treatment options. So keep that in mind if there is one near you. You can get a couple of opinions and see where you stand.

hope the sleeping fairy dust came to visit you last nite!! I did get a couple of hours sleep in the recliner!!
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

backbreaking replied to bj1208's response:
Hey Joy, actually I got a pretty good nights sleep last night so the fairy must have come. Thank you for sending her.

I did go to a University hospital here in Georgia. I'm going for an epidural Mon. morning and hope the steroids aren't tainted.

The leg is feeling a little less pain today. I went for a massage and also my GP gave me Soma. I think both of them together have helped.

Hope you get some rest tonight. I'll send the fairy your way.

Blessings,

Brenda

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center