Skip to content
Lower Back Pain Numb Legs BUT CLEAR MRI HELP 2 DIAGNOSES
KelsBels1234 posted:
I Have had Lower back pain around my Tail Bone Area for about 5 months now. It started after 6 months of intense weight lifting and 30 minute incline walking a day. The pain it around my tail bone, hips, buttocks and shoots down my legs. I also get saddle numbness, and in the past week both my legs have been going numb and its are to walk. I also have issues with my bladder leaking. All my MRI's have shown to be clear. I have had three epidurals and takin steroids but numbness and pain is getting worse. [br>[br>Should I get another MRI done? Does it mean there is nothing wrong just because the MRI showed clear? I had one Doctor tell me it was Cauda Equine Syndrome and one Doctor tell me it was Sciatica! What am I supposed to do with 2 different Diagnoses? At this point I dont know what to do. But I am scared about the numbness!!! [br>
[br>How serious is this? and If two Doctors are saying different things now what do I do?

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

Make sure you are seeing an spinal orthopedic surgeon or spinal neurosurgeon for your testing and diagnosis. If you continue to have pain, then you should pursue this and get at least one more opinion for one of the doctors I suggested.

I understand how frustrating this is, but spinal issues are extremely complex and very difficult to accurately diagnose and treat effectively. Keep doing your research and keep pursuing relief.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

lovehippos responded:
Hello, I had surgery but I'm having sorta the same problem,
I was wondering if you feel better ? And if so, do
you mind sharing what you did ? Thanks a Bunch,
Amy

bj1208 replied to lovehippos's response:
Hi Amy -

Just wanted to let you know this was the first/last post we had from KelsBels (over a month ago). You can always start a new Discussion and address it to KelsBels and see if you get a response.

Hope this helps~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center