Skip to content
Funny How we all take Suboxone and have this horrible back pain.
TMCally posted:
I am experiencing horrific back pain. It's been going on now for at least 4 months, maybe longer, it's just become a part of my day so I'm not sure how long. I've never been treated for back pain, never really had issues. I suspect it could be a few things. I do not exercise and have very poor abdominal muscles. I have quite the "pregnancy pooch" from when my kids were born, so clearly the muscles in my front are not supporting my muscles in the back. Also, I do think that the suboxone plays a role, a limited role, but a role nonetheless. I have learned over the years that folks who depend on narcotics tend to end up with some type of lower back pain. I was told this by a drug and alcohol counselor. He said it was common for chronic narco users to get back pain during withdrawl. Now I'm not in withdrawl, I am on suboxone and I'm very pleased with how it works. After years of requiring some type of pain meds or others, I am finally not seeking out opiates, I'm living a good life while medicated for bi-polar and the suboxone keeps my pain and my head in check. The back pain I suspect is a by product of the suboxone use, and if true, is the price I pay for sanity and sobriety. Good wishes to all.

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center