Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Epidural
backbreaking posted:
Well, I had my epidural injection this afternoon about 3:30PM and I have not been able to tell a difference. Why can't a pain Dr. tell where the pain generator is? I'm so discouraged. I was so hoping this was going to help the back, leg and hip pain.

Brenda

bj1208 responded:
Hi Brenda -

sometimes the steroid injections may take a while to start working. I've spoke to several members and sometimes they won't feel it working until they have the next injection ( usually 2 weeks apart).

So don't give up -

Also, did you discuss having the EMG & Nerve Conduction Test done? this would show if there is any nerve damage in the legs. If there is then I would discuss with the doc about prescribing Neurontin or Lyrica (both meds start out on low dose and slowly increased).

Let us know how you are doing~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

backbreaking replied to bj1208's response:
Good Morning Joy, I would have thought I would have been able to feel the nerve pain in my leg if the Dr. had been injecting in the right place but I didn't. I didn't ask him about an EMG or Nerve Conduction Test. I did ask his nurse if this epidural or the one in two weeks didn't help if they could inject my hip to see if that's where the pain is coming from. I guess it will be a case of "seek and find".

Hope you have a good day today.

Brenda

Helpful Tips

Mikey626
I would check with your local health department to see if they have any free clinics to start with. They will also be able to assist you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center