Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Car accident, back and neck injury, light headed, blurry vision, dizziness?
    MissSugarfoot posted:
    Back in the beginning of July, i was rear-ended at a stoplight and was hit very hard, I'm still going through treatments for the back pain, but ever since the accident, almost every time i stand up I have to immediately sit back down because I'm dizzy, light headed, short of breath, and my vision goes completely white. Two nights ago I actually fell and hit my head pretty hard. I just want to know what could possibly be wrong with me?
    davedsel57 responded:

    I am sorry for what you are going through, but it is both impossible and against the rules in all WebMD communities to offer medical advice or a diagnosis.

    You need to see your doctor for evaluation and treatment. If cost is a factor, search for a free or low-cost clinic in your area. If it seems like an emergency, go to a local hospital emergency room as they can not deny you treatment.

    I hope you can get this diagnosed by a doctor and treated soon.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


    bj1208 responded:
    Hi MissSugarfoot -

    Dave has given you great advise, as always. I did want to add a couple of things -

    You say you are still going thru treatments - are these being paid for by the persons' insurance that hit you?

    You may want to contact an attorney to see what you rights are and also to make sure you are seeing the right kind of doctors. Orthopedic Spine Specialist and Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist are the only ones that can examine, order proper testing(s), diagnose and offer the best treatment plans.

    Hope this helps ~~ please keep us posted what you find out ~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center