Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possible Health Issue?
sara_nt posted:
I was recently informed by my doctor after having an ultrasound and Hyda scan done, that my gall bladder is not functioning and will be removed. This all stemmed from some issues that started almost 3 months ago. I have been having horrible abdominal pain that comes and goes and have either vomitted or had diarrhea after every meal I eat. The type of food does not matter. I have also as of a few weeks ago been having a dull throbbing pain above my hip bones on either side in my back. I never have a fever, but I am always cold and almost always feel naucious. I have had to miss work somedays because the pain is so bad and just like that it can disappear or go back to just a dull throbbing. Does anyone have any ideas on what could possibly be going on? Thank you!

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

For your gall bladder issues, you would probably get better replies if you posted this question in the WebMD Digestive Disorders Community here: http://exchanges.webmd.com/digestive-disorders-exchange

For your back pain, you can read through the Tip at the top of this WebMD Back Pain Community that lists the recommended steps for diagnosing and treating back pain.

Keep in mind that is against the rules and impossible for any member to diagnose or offer medical advice in any WebMD Community. You will have to discuss all your health issues with your doctor.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center