Skip to content
Extreme Back Pain.
McKinseyCM9 posted:
I'm a 15 year old girl, 16 in March, that has been having extreme back pain in my lower back, only when I lay down. It hurts so bad I can't breathe. I plan on seeing a doctor about this, just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas. Its been happening for a couple months, and has gotten more frequent. I havent done any heavy lifting or anything I can think of that would cause this. I have Chronic Lymphocytic Thyroiditis and have been taking medication for it, but I'm not sure if thats helpful. Thanks.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

Unfortunately, we can not diagnose or offer medical advice in any WebMD community. It is basically impossible to do so over any internet message board.

You will definitely need to see your doctor asap. Read through the Tip at the top of this WebMD Back Pain Community that lists the recommended steps for getting back pain diagnosed and treated. There are also posts in that Tip that give links to websites giving good information about spinal problems and treatments.

I pray you can get this treated and resolved soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
Hi McKinseyCM9 and welcome to the support group -

You are very young to be having such severe back pains. Have you spoke with your parent(s) regarding this? Especially for this going on for a couple of months.

The Thyroid condition you have should not be affecting the back problems as this is a reaction of the immune system against the thyroid gland (see site)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001409/

As far as the low back pains I think it would be vital for you to let you mom/dad know how bad this is and get you in to see your doctor. There could be numerous reasons why you are having low back pains from kidney infection, bladder infection to female problems. So please do discuss with your parent(s) and get in to see a doctor as soon as you can.

please let us know what you find out~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Strech
streching every hour helps More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center