Skip to content
Adult adhd with GAD, shuermans disease severe pain
the_chef posted:
I have severe ADHD with GAD and shuermans disease growing up as a child there where not treatment for either, in 1996 i was injured on the job IE right shoulder went out on work comp was diagnosed with shuermans with a 25 percent disability rating in 1996 was so lucky to find a doctor to help me my Adult ADHD and severe pain from accident i was on and off name brand Dexedrine could not afford the 300 dollar a month prescription only thing that worked was name brand Dexedrine generic was no good, at the same time after work comp settlment wich i was forced into, IE not on medication at the time, my injury to right shoulder was never treated right was a quick lets get u therapy and settle this case the same blesed doctor was so kind to give me diladide pain meds well i was only on the pain killers for a few months i felt so much better after lots of rest so i quit< not a good choice> went back to work i had mild to severe problems with my right arm not my shoulder joint i feels like everything is ripping away from the bone and does so severely now well on and off my meds a bad choice to quit my job in which i have had so many not able to work a full year in my whole life i am now 49 became homeless and unemployed in 2010 lack off meds and terrible pain and every time i stop taking my meds things get worse with adhd and gad the gad was manageable, well not the case now, I am a chef very good one love it wish i could still do it, during this period i went to a chiropractor which gave me lots of relief putting my shoulder back in placed for several months i felt so much better and got back on Dexedrine, but didn't last so expensive and everything went bad homeless and ended up in bad situation so this guy i met was living in Misery oops Missouri with his woman and kept trying to get me to go to Missouri from Kansas so i did in January 2011 so i could file for social security it was clear i could not work ever again my ADHD and GAD is so bad was the worst choice states to move to wel finaly after over a year and going to the er for my adhd telling them i was suicidal only option left, i finally got into mental health facility not behavior health b cause there is none in this city i live in any ways i finally got on some sort of Dexedrine<generic> better than nothing at all i guess well in 2011 January applied for ssd was denied twice now i am apealing nto enough documentation because i lost all my medical records well ive been to three pain management clinics here and because there is such a serious problem with prescription pills here i mean really bad, that the first one i went to was up front i didnt ask for any medications im not prescribing u any narcotics didnt ask for them went there because my pain is getting so bad now with my arm not my shoulder joint and my back upper lower and the top of my spine is pinching a nerve to the right side of my head where the spine ends well i didn't go back to that doctor he was so rude to me so looked found a doctor 80 miles away well i went to that doctor tried to explain to him and little did i know they only do injections and he was like i think i can really help u let me inject u i have to trust a doctor knows what he i s doing, wrong very wrong well he said let me inject u with this u will feel so much better and i need an xray of your neck once again not medicated properly where i am here not on distant planet so he injected me in my neck where i had not symptoms or noticeable problems and since i am taking 3200+ milligrams ibuprofen to try to even get out of bed not really ok with adhd well he injected me with florugide in my neck when he stuck the needle in it crunched so bad the pain was terrible left went the third md and he was straight up i can inject u in shoulder but im not giving any narcotics didnt ask for any so here i am stuck in missouri waiting for SSD did get Mo health net so it at least reconized i have medical issues at the end of my road anyinput

Take the Poll

can any one help me with some kind directive i just want to give up life at this point but thats not an option strong will to live please some one help me pleassssse
  • properly getting help
  • properly getting diagnosed
  • help with a real doctor
View Poll Results
davedsel57 responded:

What I can share with you is that there is always help and always hope.

Read through the Tip at the top of this WebMD Back Pain Community that lists the recommended steps for getting back pain treated and diagnosed. For an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment plan, you will need to start with a spinal orthopedic surgeon or spinal orthopedic surgeon. The next step would be to see a pain management specialist that is a physiatrist. This type of specialist focuses on various pain management methods and does not solely rely on prescription medications.

I pray you can get the treatment and relief you need soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome to the support group -

Dave has, as always, given you great advise~~

I live in MO (KC area) so am close to KS. I have SSDI along with my hubby's insurance so I can go to MO or KS for my treatments etc.,

get an attorney that handles only disability claims and maybe worker's comp too. You should also show documentation from the worker's comp situation. There may be a way to open that - not sure but maybe. The attorney will not require a fee up front as they will take a percentage of what they collect. They will be able to file for you. You will need to provide all doc's etc that you have seen.

since you are on MO healthnet you will have a struggle with getting a referral to a spine specialist so start with your primary care doc or call your case manager and see what you need to do.

Seeing a pain management specialist is vital as they will help you with pain management control. I see a PHYSIATRIST Pain Specialist - they go deeper into pain management control based on patients needs.

You should see if you can go to a teaching university hospital (has to be on MO side) as they would have the best and newest tests for properly diagnosing and treatments.

Hope this helps - as Dave says there is help out there just need to get to the right direction for it. Keep us posted what you find out~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~
the_chef replied to bj1208's response:
Yes i do have an attorny i had records in kansas where i have live my whole life till1 1/2 years ago became homless couldnt wprk anymore i went to the first pain managment doc and i was stupid enough to let him inject my spine where i had no noticable prob when he inj me it crunched and hurt so deeply i had to go to the er now my neck hurts so bad i went back an explain to him he said id be happy to give another inject but i wont do any thing 4 youre pain so i found anther pain mng doctor he was so rude he gave me a script 4 phys therapy cant use my arm no repair for this my shoulder droops so bad the pain is evil its not my joint its my muscle in my back that are compromised its like every thing is ripping of my bones on my arm not my joint the wasted mri they did showed minor inflammation nothing i didn't know and back issues are so bad i need a doctor that can help mange my ADHD and GAD and shuermans but im in 1 of the poorest states i never had trouble like this in kansas but im stuck in the middle of nowhere depending on people i dont even know, i appreciate them a lot ive already had social security deni me twice so on my appeal the judge was very biased i don't have a case manager i am scared to death of the doctors here they are ignorant and the drug problem here is so bad with pilss people like me get dumped i really dnt know what to do feel like giving and that's not an option oh and the shingle outbreaks and the 3200 milligrams of ibuprofen i shouldn't be taking for kidneys and liver one doctor even told just keep doing that ive tried to get a referral to a spine doctor but have no transportation and the people here are really poor cant keep driving all over the state trying to find doctors, ive been to the er 4 5 times this year for either my pain or my Gad have no meds and im not taking medications like anti phsychotic or anti depressant been there long ago they are evil drugs, man im so tired of all this explaining over and over and over to doc people i guess i have suck it up keep going to the er till they get tired of me and send me to the right place i keep getting treat like im just there for dope very insulting not sure if i cant get work comp records or doc records from 1996 i am trying , i just cant do this by myself anymore cant talk to people on the phone cant go out in public have such panic attacks, and only part way medicated for adhd because they are so rude where i go because they treat schizophrenia bipolar manic depression they have qualified doc for adult adhd but i found a doctor i need to call 80 miles away that spec in ADHD and gad so hope after the new year i get ahold of them but like i said if it wasn't for the people i stay with and feel so bad putting these things on them, so you see my dilemma not that i am in severe pain for the night just to type this out its a nightmare i just wanna wake up for this,
bj1208 replied to the_chef's response:
hi and yes I do see what you are up against.

My oldest daughter has MS, Bipolar, Boarder line personality disorder, mild schizophrenia and has epileptic seizures. So I fully understand what you are going thru.

what part of MO are you living in? If you can, google PHYSIATRIST in your area and see what it shows up or do PAIN MANAGEMENT SPECIALISTS as it should show this too. many of them have websites so you can research those.

Physiatrist Pain Specialists will have a set of specialized spine physicians that they can refer you to. but with MOHealth Ins you need referrals from your primary doc in order to see specialists and I hear sometimes this can be a drawn out process - be sure to contact your case worker too -

I hope that you can get to a doctor soon - please let us know how you are doing and what you find out - take care~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center