Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saw my PM yesterday
trs1960 posted:
Notbout SSDI and nothing much new. We talked about SSDI and he's worried that I'll go crazy if I don't work. He may want to tray a pain pump befire we throw in the towel. I also talked him into more muscle relaxers and less opiads. I find that my muscles get so tight and spasm first and then the pain becomes unberable so if I can get the muscles to relax mayb we can manage the pain better?

Happy New Year.

Tim

davedsel57 responded:
Hi, Tim.

More muscle relaxer sound good, as does a pain pump. There used to be a member on here named Carol that had one and loved it.

Happy New Year to you as well.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

trs1960 replied to davedsel57's response:
Yeah, I've seen a few members speak to them. My nephew's best friend is a sales rep and has been trying to talk me in to one for awhile. My old PM said my injury and pain area may be too large to get at with a pain pump, but I hear their getting better and can dispense in mulitple sites.

I still think some time this year I'll go our on disability. I appreciate his concern for my well being and knowing that keeping busy is healthy, but enough is enough. Once I start to rest up and get my energy I'll find all kinds of things to do to keep me busy.

Happy New Year

Tim

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center