Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Lower back pain
    An_249659 posted:
    I've been having this weird pressure in my lower back for a couple days but it only happens when I'm laying down on my back. Every time I lay down I feel this pressure that gets worse the longer I'm laying down. I tried cracking my back and getting back massages but the pain always comes back I lay on my back. It almost feels like my uterus shifts and presses on my lower back. Should I go to a chiropractor? Or maybe gyn because it feels like it's my uterus causing the problem?
    bj1208 responded:
    hi and welcome to the support group -

    first - stop cracking your back - if there is something wrong you could be doing more damage.

    second - start by going to your primary care physician. He/she will examine you and may order an X-ray. depending on the outcome will depend on what type of specialist they send you to.

    I would stop all exercising/chiropractic care until you get a full diagnosis of what it is. Doing exercises and/or having chiropractic treatments without a diagnosis can and may make the situation worse. please see your primary doc as soon as possible.

    please keep us posted what you find out.
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    KDGreg responded:
    I always go to chiroprator first. I have had major lowback surgery due to broken verbrae and my chiroprator is the best for understanding and knowing if I need to go to my regular doctor about things he can not help with. Pick a gental touch chiroprator if you do not already have one.
    Best Wishes,
    davedsel57 replied to KDGreg's response:

    I'm glad going to the chiropractor first works for you, but it is not the recommended process for accurately diagnosing and effectively treating back pain. I love our chiropractor, but he insisted I get a full set of MRI's from a spinal neurosurgeon before he would adjust me. He is gentle and extremely knowledgeable, but is reluctant to diagnose complex cases like mine. He has treated my wife for her lower back work-related injury and she gets relief, but again had her get an MRI before adjusting her. Keep in mind, also, that chiropractic care is not for every patient with a back problem.

    It is important to state on this public WebMD Back Pain Community that spinal problems and their treatments are very complex and unique to each patient. One size does not fit all.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.



    Helpful Tips

    try yoga for sure the positions and stretches help alot. u will feel relief but do not stop just continue doing it More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center