Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    chiropractor in jhons hopkins?
    hanmafrapo posted:
    dear fellow sufferers ,
    i want to see a chiropractor in jhons hopkins because this is the place i was referred to by the health mission of my countrys embassy , but when i looked up the web site my appointment is with orthopedic surgen while iam reluctant to have coccygectomy because the outcome from this procedure is only 10% success rate.
    iam not sure i can mention the name of the DR in the forum
    I want your advise with this regard

    i wish you good health
    bj1208 responded:
    hi and welcome to the support group -

    not sure if I am following ur post correctly. You want to see a Chiropractor but the appointment was made with a Orthopedic Spine Specialist?! Is that correct?

    I have a couple of questions for you -

    what doctors have you seen in the past? if so, what diagnosis was given? treatment options? what symptoms are you having? Was this from an accident? You indicate your country's embassy referred you to JH Hospital, are they the ones that made the appointment?

    Reason I am asking is the more we know about you the more we can help.

    I do know that most Chiropractors and/or Physical Therapists prefer that patients see either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist and/or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist to have proper testings done (MRI/CT Scan etc) in order to properly diagnose so that a good treatment plan can be put together for you.

    Per WEBMD's guidelines we cannot list personal information relating to specific physicians and/or our personal information.

    Please let us know a little more~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    hanmafrapo replied to bj1208's response:
    thanx for ur reply joy,

    my diagnosis of coccydynia have already been confirmed by ortho in saudi arabia & london,uk, am not sure why the saudi health mission arranged appointment with ortho rather than directly to a chiropractor,

    my concern is that upon reviewing the hosp web site , it lists ortho but no chiropractor

    regarding symptoms: sitting is my enemy ,otherwise am okey

    MRI , & digital x-rays have confirmed my coccyx is displaced anteriorly almost 90 degrees
    davedsel57 responded:

    Joy has given you excellent advice, as always. I think the only way to resolve this is for you to discuss this with the health mission of your country's embassy and/or jhons hopkins itself.

    We are lay people who suffer from back pain. The assigned health experts no longer reply to posts. All we can do is share our own experiences and knowledge of the best procedures for getting spinal problems diagnosed and treated.

    I hope you can get this resolved and get the relief you need soon.
    Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.


    hanmafrapo replied to davedsel57's response:

    i really value your opinion very much

    already emailed the health mission who in turn forwarded it to johns hopkins international.

    i wish you all good health & pain free

    Helpful Tips

    Ice works wonders More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center