Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Chronic Back Pain - Indiana
    CharlottesWebb posted:

    I'm new here. I posted this on the Chronic Pain forum and thought I would copy and paste it here as well since a majority of my issues are related to my back pain.

    I have been searching online for help but I am finding a lot of people in the same situation.

    I've been in PM for several years. Last summer I received a certified letter that my Dr. went on emergency leave and they were closing his clinic. I'm not sure what happened but a lot of patients were just left to find help on their own. I have tried several other PM in the area and I am hitting brick walls with them not wanting to continue the same care, even though I have my medical records, passed all my random drug testing and never had any issues.

    It's frustrating to have to go over everything I have tried before and I don't mind doing some of it again but sheesh - it's like pulling teeth. So, I am reaching out to see if anyone knows of any Drs. that might be willing to help me. I am looking for someone in Indianapolis or surrounding areas within Indiana. I am willing to travel to Bloomington, etc.

    Oesteopenia in Hips
    40 Degree Curvature of Spine
    Degenerative Disc Disease
    Bulges L-3, L-4
    Anterolisthesis L5 on S1
    Chronic Migraines
    Endometriosis, Fibroid Tumors (Full Hysterectomy, leaving one ovary in 2008)
    Restless Legs
    High Blood Pressure

    Thank you!
    dianer01 responded:
    Hi Charlotte,

    I am sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately the Terms and conditions of Web MD forbid us from recommending or naming doctors. You may want to check with your insurance company or local teaching hospital to see if they have any thoughts.

    my best to you.

    bj1208 responded:
    Hi Charlotte - welcome to the support group

    DianeRO1 had given you great advise, as always. Thought I would add a couple of things:

    Here is a site that may help you understand the terminology of your diagnosis.

    One of the suggestions that Diane gave you was to seek appointments/treatments with a teaching hospital. Usually in larger city's they will have a large teaching university hospital where they offer either reduced and/or free appointments for those that do not have insurance. Being a teaching university they have the most advanced testing facilities, great staff of either Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist and also Pain Management Specialist. My brother does not have insurance and he goes to one and really gets great care and treatments.

    Another suggestion is to see if there are any pain management specialist that are a PHYSIATRIST Pain Management.

    I have been seeing one for about 4 yrs now and they really give me great care.

    It seems more and more that regular pain clinics are getting away from treating patients with severe chronic issues as the FDA has been coming down hard on these clinics when heavy narcotics are being prescribed. Even some pharmacists have been "RED TAPED" when they go over their monthly quota of dispensing prescribed narcotics.

    Hope this helps~~Please keep us posted how you are doing and what you find out~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    CharlottesWebb replied to dianer01's response:
    I understand - I thought someone who might have a recommendation could PM me.

    Thank you.

    Helpful Tips

    try yoga for sure the positions and stretches help alot. u will feel relief but do not stop just continue doing it More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center