Skip to content
PREEXSISTING BACK PAIN AND A NEW DIAGNOSIS OF A-FIB
johnnyb54 posted:
HELLO:
MY NAME IS JOHN , I AM A BACK PAIN SUFFERER FOR THE PAST 14 YEARS DUE TO A FAILED BACK SURGERY TO CORRECT THE L-5,S-1 AREA OF MY SPINE. FOR THAT I HAVE RUN THE GAMIT OF TREATMENTS,PT, EXERCISE,EPIDURALS, STIMULATORS, TENS MACHINES,AND MED'S, I WAS SCHEDULED OR A TRIAL STIMULATOR TO BE IMPLANTED IN DEC OF 2012 ,WHEN A FOLLOWUP SLEEP STUDY (CONTRUCTIVE SLEEP APENEA) FOUND I HAD A-FIB. I HAVE BEEN PLACED ON BLOOD THINNERS AND 2 THE HEART MED'S(BETAPACE,DIGOXIN).,ALL FUTURE EPIDURALS AND STIMULATORS ARE NOW ELIMINATED TO ADD TO THIS TRAGEDY THE HEART DR HAD TO TAKE ME OF ALL PAIN MEDICATION AS IT AFFECTS THE A-FIB NEGATIVLY. RIGHT NOW I AM FIT TO BE TIED WITH A MAJOR INCREACE IN MY EVERY DAY PAIN OF MY LOWER BACK AND LEFT LEG, AND THEY HAVE STILL NOT GOTTEN AHANDLE ON THE A-FIB. ARE THERE ANY PAIN MED'SAVAILABLE THAT I CAN TAKE THAT WONT EFFECT THE A-FIB. I HOPE THERE IS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH JOHNNY B54

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, John. Welcome.

We are a group of lay people that have back pain. No doctor replies to posts any longer.

You will need to discuss your medications with your doctor to determine what you can take for pain. Talk to your heart doctor and see if there is anything that can be prescribed to help you.

I pray you can get relief soon.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 43 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center