Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
On a personal note
trs1960 posted:
[blockquote>I work for a large company...very large...really large. We're the oldest company of the DOW component with assets larger than most 3rd world countries.

My point is, as with any large company you get emails from high on the hill...the people behind the curtain that are so far removed from us they may as well be om Mars...no I'm not talking PA.

So I get this email from the main MD that heads our medical division. It's about staying healthy, flu, blah, blah, blah.

I figure fat chance, but I'll reply to this guy's email and give him a little bio about living, loving and working after a near death experiance and managing dibilitating chronic pain...OK. At least I tried.

Within minutes I get a response! So we dialogue. He wants he and his communications guy to meet with me and use my story as a corporate inspirational peice to help others in pain.

In all serisousness, I know people that have commited suicide becuase they couldn't find a way to deal with pain...I once awoke, stepped out of my bed and my barefoot stepped on a .45 rd that I had chambered the night before and then unloaded knowing I would find a better way.

I have learned that no matter the darkness, tomorrow the Sun will rise and provide me warmth.

I'll keep you posted.

Tim
[/blockquote>

dianer01 responded:
Thanks for posting this Tim. I know you have a lot of challenges but your closing remark means so much. And I have read a lot about those girls you are sooo proud of.... I look forward to reading more.

di

Anon_973 responded:
Hey Tim~~

WOW!! I can honestly say I am proud of the step you took and for the future steps you will be taking with your company.

I think this is wonderful and as Diane said your last statement means so much. and as Diane said I look forward to reading more, too.

Take care>> (((HUGS)))

trs1960 responded:
Got an email 1st thing this morning. The Doctor wants to read my most epiphanal book, Pain the Science of Suffering by Patrick Wall MD. I've mentioned it many times in here.
Basically for years I chased the answer for "Why do I still hurt?" It got to the point I resneted the doctors for not telling me. This book gave me the knowledge to understand the doctors wanted as badly as I did to answer the same question, it's just not that simple. We need to understand how our body works so our mind can dissassociate the somatic from the pyscosomatic.

davedsel57 responded:
Quite impressive, Tim. Your last statement is so true and inspirational. As I always say, keep a positive attitude.

I'll also be looking forward to see how all this develops with your company.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 replied to Anon_973's response:
Wonder why my post shows up as ANON?? I didn't request that~~

anyways it was me Tim~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

jselleck replied to bj1208's response:
Wow, a 45 round?? That's scary. Glad you found a better way. Look forward to hearing more.

JSelleck

trs1960 replied to jselleck's response:
To be quite honest, I wanted out, but I had pomised God that because he saved my life I would never give up in my repsonsibility to raise my kids. It sounds kind of simplistic, but the fact I had made a promise to God himself kept swirling in my mind and I couldn't break that promise.

Whatever works...works!

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center