Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ultrasound therapy for back pain?
dollbug posted:
Hello....MiMi in NC...and I am normally on the FM support group here. I have had low back pain for some time now and I would like to know if anyone has had ultrasound therapy for back pain and IF so did it work for you and how many sessions did you have?

Thanks.

bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome to the support group -

I did have this done several years ago. for some reason it eased up my muscles but aggravated the nerves in both my legs causing more pains.

I have heard from some friends (not on here) that have this done and it helps.

We're all different so I am glad it did help them.

Hope this helps - keep us posted how u are doing~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

jselleck replied to bj1208's response:
Hi Mimi. I haven't had it done for my back, but had it done for my knee and currently under going that treatment for tennis elbow. Helped a little on my knee, doing great on my elbow. I've only had three treatments on my elbow, but it's doing great so far. Hope that helps ya. Good luck.

JSelleck

dollbug replied to jselleck's response:
Thanks....I also have knee problems....I got the synvisc injections in both knees several times....they have lasted me over 2 years each time....the PA who does them tells me that this is really good....normally the injections only last around 6 months or so. I have found that joint supplements also help me....and I have found out that all of them are not the same...you have to find which ones work for you.

I ended up and had to have right elbow surgery....I got to where I could not even use my right arm....I hope this treatment works for your elbow...I know just how much pain this can cause. Have you tried wearing the elbow braces at night? They helped me some.

Thanks again. I was thinking about trying the injections for my back but then changed my mind.

MiMi

jselleck replied to dollbug's response:
Haven't tried wearing them at night, but I wear a brace during the day. Ortho I went to said nothing about wearing one, but a friend on either another board or this one suggested doing so and it's helped. I only take it off for therapy and to sleep. Have therapy tomorrow and will ask my therapist. Thanks for the advice. My maternal grandmother has really bad RA and had steroid injections for her back after she fell about a year ago. They really helped her. I think she said they were cortisone injections. Just an idea. Take care. Hope you feel better.

JSelleck

bj1208 replied to jselleck's response:
HI JSELLECK - I know this is a little different but when my carpel tunnel acts up I wear my hand braces at night as this is when the most pains would happen where I would have burning/numbness pains etc. sounds funny but when I would wear the braces at night it really stopped these and made my hands/arms feel much better -

hope this helps~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

jselleck replied to bj1208's response:
Thanks for the advice guys. Talked to my therapist yesterday and he said not to wear the elbow brace at night, but if my hand is still bothering me to wear that one then. Go figure??? Guess everyone has their own experience with injuries/pain. Therapy is helping with elbow. See my ortho next monday. Hoping no more steroids. First shot he gave me hurt like the dickins and I could barely move my arm without extreme pain for over 6 hours. We'll see what he says. Have a good rest of the week guys.

JSelleck

Helpful Tips

anyone in pain heed my call
I was in too much pain to make it to my water therapy. i had an excuse for anything. my phy ther said she would drop me and it was a sweet ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center