Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    has this happened to anyone
    papbouv posted:
    On about 09/10/2012 got up usual am stuff sat down in my chair read the newspaper got up to feed the dogs.Huge knot came up in butt ox area all I could do is scream in pain could not walk.had hubby get my walker which I usually do not use had it from when I had a TLK 2009. 10 days after the TLK had a herniated disk MRI found the herniated disk,2 bulging disks, spinal stensois, dergentive disk disease. Now back to the knot pain in butt, Went to minor ER they did an X-ray sent me home. Got in to see my doctor 4 days later she found a huge bruise the bruise continued to get bigger 4 & 1/2" X 10 & 1/2 " called the doctors office told them never heard from them.
    Have had two steroid shots since worked for a few days now pain in the butt is back ????
    bj1208 responded:
    Hi Papbouv - welcome to the support group -

    I'm not sure what all doc's you've seen but it's best that you see a spine specialist - either Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - get all your medical records from being seen on this and take with you.

    They will examine you and decide which tests to do (MRI/CT Scan etc) - especially if it's been more than a year since you've had one. This way they can see what's going on with you back as you do have spine history. Once they examine you they can offer the best treatment plan.

    please keep us posted what you find out~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    Ice works wonders More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center