Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
has this happened to anyone else??
jselleck posted:
Hey guys. Feeling really stupid right now for something I did yesterday, but hoping you all can help me "feel better" about it. Most of you know my story, if not just ask I can fill you all in later.

Well, what happened is this. My husband went back to work this morning after a week off per his new doc for heel spurs in both feet. (Can you say ouch???) So I had to wash his uniforms. (He's a security guard at a plant near our home.) I was getting them out of the hamper and making sure I had everything when I felt this shearing pain go through my back. (Hubbie swears he heard something rip. I didn't.) I yelled my fool head off scaring the dickins out of our cats and almost dropped the clothes. I managed to get everything in the washer, took a hydrocodone, and iced my back. I felt better (being the operative word) after doing that then taking a hot shower. Meaning I could walk without too much pain. (What can I say?? I hate doctors, especially ER ones, and I was determined to go on with my day.) Ran some errands, (bank, post office, barber shop for hubbie) and was determined to go to physical therapy. Only problem was the longer I sat in our little Ranger, the more my back hurt. But I was determined. Which upset hubbie. He even threatened that if I made him take me he would tell my therapist what had happened. So he wore me down and I gave in, letting him take me home. Normally I would just do my exercises at home, but I can't do that in the case of my elbow. (Don't have the proper equipment). Can't even do my back exercises because it hurts too much. (back)

So what do you guys think?? I feel a little better this morning, and can sit without too much pain, just some discomfort. As long as I don't make any sudden moves or have to pick up anything really heavy I'm okay. I was already watching what I lifted because of my elbow so that's a given. And my back was bothering me already because of the crazy up and down weather my area has been having lately. I don't see my back doctor til the middle of march. Should I make an earlier appt? Go to my gp? Or tough it out like I have been doing? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and everyone have a great day.

JSelleck

bj1208 responded:
Hey there - I think I would wait and see how u feel in a couple of days - if not better or worse see if you can get an earlier appt stressing to them what happened. I think your GP would say the same too - so see how it feels.

let us know how ur doing~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

jselleck replied to bj1208's response:
Hi Joyce. Things are much better today. I'm even "goofing" off on the puter. Thanks for the advice. Have a great day. If things do get worse I will call my doc though.

J

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center