Skip to content
Pain on skin when lying down
An_250321 posted:
Hello everyone! I came here to see if there was an answer to my pain. For the past 4 yrs have experienced tingling to severe pain on my skin surfaces ( from waist to butt when lying down in bed. I am 63 and 50 lbs overweight. I changed my sheets to high quality satin and use pillows to try to offset the pain. When I lie on my hips sideways, can only do so for an hour, then so painful, change to the other side. The only thing that helps me is MSM. I'm not sure but I think this pain is from inflammation. I stopped drinking cows milk, now using soya milk. I find it worse when I eat bread, even whole wheat. I did try eating bread again and now I feel the tingling pain in my hips, butt and sides of my waist right now sitting here typing. I would just like to know what this is??? That is why I found this site, but this seems more for people who have spine or muscle issues. So far have not found anyone with similar pain, so the search continues. I don't sleep well, a couple of hours at a time. If anyone knows what this is, please inform, thanks a bunch.

bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome to the support group -

Have you seen any doctors for this? I think the best thing would be to see our primary care physician and explain everything.

Also when you sleep at nite are you using the extra pillows whereas if you sleep on your side put pillow(s) between your knees and when sleeping on your back under you knees. this helps keep the spine more straight and takes pressure off.

I would see your doctor as there could be tests done to see what is causing this.

Hope you can find your answers~~Keep us posted what you do find out~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Spinal fusion
I had lumbar fusion at L 4-5, L5-S1 19 years ago with limited success. I have been disabled because of pain, but I still consider the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center