Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Grrrretchen posted:
    I have chronic shoulder and neck pain from whiplash from a car accident I was in in September 2011. I went to physical therapy in 2012, and was given exercises to do. Now, my shoulders are starting to hurt again, and I have little motivation to do the exercises I know I need to do to feel better. I'm just looking for a little support to keep me motivated. Thanks!
    bj1208 responded:
    Hi Grrrretchen - welcome to the support group -

    first - have you seen any doctors? What type of doctors have you seen? Did they give you a diagnosis?

    have you had a settlement from the car accident? You should check to see if you can file another claim with this if it's proven to be from the accident.

    When was the last time you had either X-ray, MRI/CT Scan done? Do you have doctors orders for the physical therapy?

    Reason for all the questions it helps if we know a little more history.

    I would suggest seeing a Orthopedic Surgeon - if the whiplash is associated with the spine then you need to see either Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist. Current X-ray, MRI or CT Scan needs to be done to see what is going on.

    I would also suggest that you stop Physical Therapy until you see a Specialist and get a proper diagnosis with a treatment plan as sometimes doing Physical Therapy/Chiropractic care may cause more problems if they don't know a full diagnosis etc.

    Please let us know a little more about your condition~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    try yoga for sure the positions and stretches help alot. u will feel relief but do not stop just continue doing it More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center