Calling all members!!! Possible trigger
jselleck posted:
Hey guys, did you know that President Obama recently raised the minimum wage to $9 an hour??? I don't think it goes into affect till next year, but that means that a person working 40 hours a week at minimum wage job will now gross $1440 a month once it does. I don't know about the rest of you who may be on social security, but that's over $300 more than I currently receive. I strongly urge everyone of you who are on social security to write your representatives .urging an increase in our monthly benefits as well as one in the monthly amount we can gross if we take a part time job. Tell your friends and family members to do like wise, and if anyone knows how to start an online petition please do so and let me know how to sign it. Supposedly if the President is presented a petition with at least 2500 signatures on it, then he must address the issue on his weekly radio address. Together we can make a difference.

JSelleck

jselleck responded:
Hey guys, I recently created a petition to do just what I urged you guys to do. To sign it, go to www.thepetitionsite.com and look for the one called "Raise monthly checks for those on Social Security." Hopefully if we get enough signatures the President may actually do something about this. Have a nice day.

JSelleck