Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sick!
trs1960 posted:
Of course I get time off work to lick my wounds and I end up sick as a dog. I'm going to my primary in a few hours, but I wanted to go with family on a trip this weekend

trs1960 responded:
Interesting side note. Two weeks ago my blood pressure was 190 /100 Eight days before that it was 207/110.

Today after being off work for two weeks and being sick it is 114/72. My doctor used the empirical data to remind me my job is killing me!

Debsbears replied to trs1960's response:
Hi Tim sorry to hear you are sick while you are suppose to be at home "resting" for a few weeks.

I am also sorry to have read that you will need to go on disability - I am not a guy but I do know that while I was a single female parent raising two children I was also faced with the same situation - keep working and hurt myself more or quit while I could and go on disability.

My decision was not an easy one - I was the only one bringing in the money (my children were only 10 and 12 at the time) so I went to part-time at first, but ended up going on disability. At first I was on SSI with medicaid for me and my children - 2 yrs later I could get SSI and SSDI with both Medicare and Medicaid - my children also rec'd monies monthly plus Medicaid until they turned 18 due to my disability.

Tim we have to do what we must - I did not want to go this route but my Drs told me I was disabled and sent the paper work in on my behalf - I did get a lawyer which paid off.

All worked out - food was always in the house and on the table, bills were paid on time - and for me the biggest blessing of all was I got to spend more time with my children because I wasn't working 12 hrs a day anymore.

Okay now you know that the work place was hurting you big time as seen in your bp. I will keep praying for you as you make your desicion - it will not be easy but you will be okay health wise. Deb

Kharma replied to Debsbears's response:
I feel so sorry that we have chosen incomprehensible language
Has commissioned experts to translate
Can be read now.

Helpful Tips

how long does methadone stay in your system
need to know how long methadone stay in your system More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center