Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Dazed and Confused
backinsanity posted:
Need advise badly!! I had a 3 level fusion in June 2011. L4-L5-S1. Never felt recovered and went to a good Nuerosurgeon in Houston for second opinion in 2/2012. He did a CT scan and said it all had to come back out aand be redone. The nerve roots were compressed aat L-4, L-5 because the surgeon didn't make the foraminal opening lorger before fusing. Also screws too small for secure purchase and no fusion at lowest level. In 11/2013 I went to another Nuerosurgeon he did CT, Mylo, and X-rays. He said all has to come out and go back with 4 level fusion and repair ruptured disc at L3-L4. I went to pain Mgmt clinic in 2/2012 and they said they couldn't do anything but give me pain meds because Lumbar was too unstable for injections or nerve blocks to work. I saw them on 2/25 and did a UA and on 3/1 I'm still waiting for them to call me to prescribe pain meds. I applied for SSD in 2/2012, haven't even had a hearing yet. No insurance or income, I haven't worked since 4/2011. I got a County Health Care grant in 11/2012 to pay for recent docs and imaging but it's about gone. I'd get surgery today if I could but can't pay for it. Thx for any advise.
trs1960 responded:
I didn't tun your calendar numbers, but here's my few facts I know.
SSDI almost always denies you the first coupld attempts. There's also a 6 month blackout period such that the first six months of being disabled is never covered under SSDI.
Perhaps it may behoove you to seek legal assistance from an SSDI lawyer? They take a cut, but with limited options and noone to help you it may be worth it. I would at least call one like Swindler & Swindler Law offices specializing in SSDI. I'm' sure you've seen the commercials.

It looks like there's a possibility of Mal Practice on the first surgery too. That could get you some financial releif. It will take awhile, but if the facts are in your favor you should be able to retain an attorney easiliy. He'll work for a percentage of your winnings so you won't need to pay him up front.

Also, I don't know how old you are, but my last fusion T12-L3 too 18 months to recover. I'm 52, non smoker and I had previous back surgeries too.

Best of luck.
aprilrose9 responded:
Dear backinsanity,

I would see an attorney concerning your situation. Actually, I would see two attorneys. ASAP is important, due to time limits based on learning the possibility of incorrectly performed surgery. I am not an attorney, but believe you have one year from the time of "learning" something was done incorrectly in the surgical proceedure.

A good social security disability attorney can recommend a personal injury attorney. You can file for disability without an attorney, but I would not recommend this option. My mother worked in Human Resources, and recommended I file without an attorney. When I finally did get SSDI, I had lost out on 25K. I feel this should be left to the experts. A good attorney will work hard for you and earn every penny.

Good Luck, AprilRose9

Helpful Tips

Yoga for Back Pain
My lower back has been causing me issues for a while but starting yoga 1-2 a week has helped quite a bit. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center