Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kidney pain, UTI? Please help
nickbusc posted:
here are my symtoms.

Right side pain in kidney area, front and back right below the ribs. past 2 months getting worse over the past 2 weeks.

penis tip and urethra pain, 2 months off and on and getting worse over the past 2 weeks. also recently noticing aching in between anus and testicles, in the prostate area.

some bladder discomfort when bladder is full, urinating a little more then usual but i have been drinking a lot of fluids lately.

went to my PCP and urine tested positive for Protein and leukocytes, Tested negative for any STD's. Also got blood work done and apparently all my liver/kidney functions are normal.

High blood pressure, Headaches, and waves of slight vision change, seeing tiny black dots.

Waves of confusion and anxiety rising heartbeat, when this happens i get a racing feeling in my chest and slight chest pain. this happens once a day, over the past 3 days.

I am curious if i had a UTI but it spread to my kidneys or the possibility of kidney disease or Prostatitis

fatigue, been sleeping more than usual.

I was perscribed Bactrim and was diagnosed with a UTI by my PCP but i wanted to get another opinion. i have been taking it for 24 hours now with no change in symptoms. I am shedueled next week for an ultrasound on my abdomin, bladder pelvis etc... but am worried that i waited too long to get help and waiting longer might put myself at danger. i went to the ER last night and they told me to just keep taking my antibiotic and if symptoms get worse to call my PCP or come back in.

bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome to the support group -

unfortunately we cannot help you on this as this is a support group for chronic spine issues.

here is a site on kidney issues that may help you -

hope and pray you can find the answers you need.

http://exchanges.webmd.com/kidney-disorders-exchange
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
216 of 332 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center