Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Unbelievable find!
trs1960 posted:
Most of you know the fondness I have for the book Pain, the science of suffering by Patrick Wall MD. I bought a couple more copies to replace those I gave away. One of the books is used and an earlier print. Inside I found it to be signed, "to Malcolm Graves with admiration from Patrick Wall."

I paid less than $6 for as close to a dream as I could find. I often wanted to correspond with doctor Wall, however he passed in 2001. Seven months after I was injured. Dr. Wall was considered the leading expert on pain. He pioneered the gate control theory and with Ronald Malzack MD invented the TENS unit.

My pain doctor said it is the best book a patient has ever brought him and "it should be required reading."

T

trs1960 responded:
http://www.iasp-pain.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=In_Memoriam1&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=1267

Hopefully the link above works

Helpful Tips

I have resolved my tailbone / coccyx pain (coccydynia)
About two years ago I started experiencing pain in my tailbone while sitting. If I sat for more than a couple minutes, the pain would start ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center