Skip to content
Right hip and now lower back pain
Aries6674 posted:
Greetings all- About a year ago I started having pain in my right hip- on and off. Then it was more on than off. Then the pain spread to my lower back on the right side but only when I am sitting or lying down. Does not bother me when I am walking or standing. Now as the weeks have went by the pain is spreading more across my lower back. My right hip still bothers me but only if I get it into a certain position. Maybe the back pain is overshadowing it? Sometimes I can reposition my right leg and it will give me some pain relief. OTC pain meds do not help. I can live with the pain, I'm just wondering what may be causing it. I have not suffered an injury of any type. I do an excercise routine 5 days a week but it is not strenous. I use the elliptical mostly and have done this faithfully now for about 8 years.

trs1960 responded:
In my opinion I would start with a good physicial therapist. You may have one leg shorter than the other or some pathalogical issue that is causing discomfomfort and pain. Un treated it may turn in to a true spine issue so please start your research.

Tim

Helpful Tips

Spinal fusion
I had lumbar fusion at L 4-5, L5-S1 19 years ago with limited success. I have been disabled because of pain, but I still consider the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center