Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    ct scan lower back help
    lotsofpain posted:
    L1 L2 left paracentral prolapse of intervertebral disc moderate anterior impression on thecal sac
    L2 L3 mild bilateral spurring and osteoarthritis of facet joints
    L3 L4 same as 2 and 3
    L4 L5 minimal buldging of intervertebral disc
    L5 S1 same as 4 and 5

    Have lower back pain started 3 months after slip and fall when sitting after 2 mins feel tingling and numbness starting in small toes working its way up legs and up back told it has nothing to do with my back other tests includ sugar vit d vit b12 and rbc folate all cam back normal
    bj1208 responded:
    Hi LotsofPain - welcome to the support group -

    what type of doctor did you see? You indicated you slipped and fell - how did you do this? Is this a work related injury? If so, did you file a work comp claims? If so, you need to hire an attorney that handles work comp claims only.

    If not, It's best that you see either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist as they are the only ones that can accurately read film reports and diagnose spine problems. Once they examine and diagnose they can offer the best treatment plans possible.

    You do have some issues going on with your spine and it's in your best interest to see a spine specialist as soon as possible so that treatments can begin.

    Please keep us posted what you find out~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    lotsofpain replied to bj1208's response:
    Have been seeing my family Doctor ,a Workers Comp Doctor and am scheduled to see a neurologist for testing and I slipped on ice while working caught myself about 2" off the ground
    bj1208 replied to lotsofpain's response:
    Have you hired an attorney that deals with workers comp claims only? If not, PLEASE DO SO ASAP!!!

    the attorney will make sure you are getting the benefits, etc. that you are entitled to.

    Workers Comp is set up to protect the company - not the employees - so you do need to get an attorney to help you.

    I have seen many members who are dealing with workers comp that are seeing the wrong kind of doctors. from what your MRI shows you need to see ether a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist as they are the only ones that can examine, diagnose and offer treatment options of the spine.

    Please contact an attorney ASAP - one that deals with workers comp claims only - they will work with you and will not require money upfront but will take a fee when they have settled

    please keep us posted~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    An_251113 replied to bj1208's response:
    Please please please! Do not see there drs only. They will make you see there drs. But please see yours also. Because they are out for themselves not you. I have been through the whole process and believe me when I tell you get a good attorney that works for you. Look around. Do not go by what there drs. Tell you. I dealt with nonsense for years and 3 surgeries later which they said was only a lumbar strain. They called me a liar. The back is so hard to prove. If you can walk, they think your fine. And the comp drs. Are a joke. Get a lawyer and go to your own drs. I had a horrible experience with it all I was young and believed in the drs. . I worked at my job for 6 yrs. With no problems, I was a good employee. I got screwed by everyone. 10 yrs . later and still in pain. So good luck.
    stinkenpn replied to lotsofpain's response:
    An_251113 responded:
    bj1208 replied to An_251113's response:
    That's the reason I stated for LOTSOFPAIN to hire a worker's comp attorney as they will get it approved so that LOTS can see other doctors - if you go see one by urself then you pay out of pocket.

    I worked in the insurance industry for 16 yrs - and believe me I know all about every aspect of it -
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    trs1960 replied to bj1208's response:
    Yeah, people ask me if I can get a workers comp claim? While it would be financially advantageous to be able to blame someone for injury it was not their fault...the point I wanted to make though is, the running joke at work is..."if I get hurt drag me off of the property because I don't want to deal with workers comp!"

    You're so right Joy. Speaking of insurance I sure wish I knew something about National Healthcare. It's going to effect us all, but saying I'm waiting for a government solution that is going to make my life better is a bit naive.


    Helpful Tips

    try yoga for sure the positions and stretches help alot. u will feel relief but do not stop just continue doing it More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center