Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

ct scan lower back help
lotsofpain posted:
L1 L2 left paracentral prolapse of intervertebral disc moderate anterior impression on thecal sac
L2 L3 mild bilateral spurring and osteoarthritis of facet joints
L3 L4 same as 2 and 3
L4 L5 minimal buldging of intervertebral disc
L5 S1 same as 4 and 5

Have lower back pain started 3 months after slip and fall when sitting after 2 mins feel tingling and numbness starting in small toes working its way up legs and up back told it has nothing to do with my back other tests includ sugar vit d vit b12 and rbc folate all cam back normal
bj1208 responded:
Hi LotsofPain - welcome to the support group -

what type of doctor did you see? You indicated you slipped and fell - how did you do this? Is this a work related injury? If so, did you file a work comp claims? If so, you need to hire an attorney that handles work comp claims only.

If not, It's best that you see either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist as they are the only ones that can accurately read film reports and diagnose spine problems. Once they examine and diagnose they can offer the best treatment plans possible.

You do have some issues going on with your spine and it's in your best interest to see a spine specialist as soon as possible so that treatments can begin.

Please keep us posted what you find out~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~
lotsofpain replied to bj1208's response:
Have been seeing my family Doctor ,a Workers Comp Doctor and am scheduled to see a neurologist for testing and I slipped on ice while working caught myself about 2" off the ground
bj1208 replied to lotsofpain's response:
Have you hired an attorney that deals with workers comp claims only? If not, PLEASE DO SO ASAP!!!

the attorney will make sure you are getting the benefits, etc. that you are entitled to.

Workers Comp is set up to protect the company - not the employees - so you do need to get an attorney to help you.

I have seen many members who are dealing with workers comp that are seeing the wrong kind of doctors. from what your MRI shows you need to see ether a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist as they are the only ones that can examine, diagnose and offer treatment options of the spine.

Please contact an attorney ASAP - one that deals with workers comp claims only - they will work with you and will not require money upfront but will take a fee when they have settled

please keep us posted~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~
An_251113 replied to bj1208's response:
Please please please! Do not see there drs only. They will make you see there drs. But please see yours also. Because they are out for themselves not you. I have been through the whole process and believe me when I tell you get a good attorney that works for you. Look around. Do not go by what there drs. Tell you. I dealt with nonsense for years and 3 surgeries later which they said was only a lumbar strain. They called me a liar. The back is so hard to prove. If you can walk, they think your fine. And the comp drs. Are a joke. Get a lawyer and go to your own drs. I had a horrible experience with it all I was young and believed in the drs. . I worked at my job for 6 yrs. With no problems, I was a good employee. I got screwed by everyone. 10 yrs . later and still in pain. So good luck.
stinkenpn replied to lotsofpain's response:
An_251113 responded:
bj1208 replied to An_251113's response:
That's the reason I stated for LOTSOFPAIN to hire a worker's comp attorney as they will get it approved so that LOTS can see other doctors - if you go see one by urself then you pay out of pocket.

I worked in the insurance industry for 16 yrs - and believe me I know all about every aspect of it -
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~
trs1960 replied to bj1208's response:
Yeah, people ask me if I can get a workers comp claim? While it would be financially advantageous to be able to blame someone for injury it was not their fault...the point I wanted to make though is, the running joke at work is..."if I get hurt drag me off of the property because I don't want to deal with workers comp!"

You're so right Joy. Speaking of insurance I sure wish I knew something about National Healthcare. It's going to effect us all, but saying I'm waiting for a government solution that is going to make my life better is a bit naive.


Helpful Tips

Yoga for Back Pain
My lower back has been causing me issues for a while but starting yoga 1-2 a week has helped quite a bit. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 12 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center