Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back Pain Across Shoulders
Lefty2121 posted:
What could cause that? I go see a chiropractor once a week it does offer some relieve but then the pain come just as sharp as before! I will take OTC meds like Advil but that does not help most of the time. I would love to hear any advice or suggestions about his please and thank you.

bj1208 responded:
Hi Lefty2121 - welcome to the support group -

unfortunately there could be numerous reasons this is happening. the best advise is for you to see your primary physician where he/she can examine you and order any tests that may need to be done (X-ray, MRI, CT Scan etc).

I would, in the meantime, stop seeing the chiropractor as they can do more harm than good if you do not have a proper diagnosis.

Please keep us posted what you find out~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Lefty2121 replied to bj1208's response:
Thank you so much for the advice I will talk with my Primary doc this friday because the pain is getting worst. I even bought a new Tempra Mattress to see if that would work but I still wake up kinda stiff.

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center